Friday, June 10, 2011

I feel better already
I've already bitch slapped a codbag and haven't even had a cup of coffee yet.
Transcript follows:

From: kenny093
Subject: Other: kenny093 sent a message about Snap-On Tool Box Rolling Cabinet Classic 78 Royal Blue #120735109251
Sent Date: Jun-09-11 20:20:40 PDT

Will you please consider taking $1200 for this box? I see that it is already crated. If you could drop it off at a local fed ex hub I would handle the charges from there. Thank you for your consideration.

- kenny093

My response:

I'm not sure I'm following your logic here. It seems like you are asking me to sell you a $4500 tool box for less than my starting bid price, and then personally drive it to the local Fed-Ex terminal so you can avoid any margin I might have built into the shipping.
Hmmmm. How about NO!
And before you respond with, "Well it doesn't hurt to ask." Let me tell you that it actually does. I just added you to my blocked bidder list and added you to my list of Cod Bags on codbag.com so other right-minded sellers won't accidentally sell to you.
Have a great day!

5 comments:

Ku said...

I've read several of your post since I started following your blog and agree with and understand your frustration with these baggers. I don't understand why experienced eBay buyers seem to it's OK to treat an eBay seller with an auction like a Craigslist flake does when they bottom fish and make low ball offers without ever looking at an item in person or having the cash in hand to back it up. I also think the biggest contributor to the shipping problems has been eBay itself by not properly educating the buyer about shipping cost. I have never found it necessary to backdoor my sales by padding shipping fees but look at eBay now, they're backdooring us sellers. They take another 9% in fees on top of what we pay our carriers for shipping. 9% for what? Ebay isn't paying for the shipping, the boxes, tape, bubble wrap, peanuts, labels or the gas and time to haul the parcels to the post. Ebay is doing now what for the past ten years has been wrong for sellers to do - making money off of shipping fees. Codbags need to realize who it is that is for them and who is it that is truly doing the backdooring.

GavsDad said...

Well put, Ku.
Worse still, if your business model mandates that you keep shipping expenses separate you take a feedback hit from buyers who now feel anything more than free is exorbitant. We have dropped our shipping to the bone with FedEx SmartPost but can't get 4-stars in shipping costs. As a result we pay an additional 2-points in closing fees and will soon be slow-paid by Pay-Pal... Awesome.
How is it no one has been able to displace eBay?

LJSintheNW said...

No one uses the other services. If Bonanza legitimately made themselves known through a mass marketing campaign I would use them exclusively.

BUT, most of the saved money not running TV and radio ads is passed back to sellers in the form of what's in my opinion the best fee scale in the business.

It takes millions of dollars to run those ads to attract those millions of people across the globe, and millions of dollars is something FeeBay definitely has.

I've sold on Bonanza over the course of a couple of months, and I've sold on E-bay over the course of a 7 day auction, and I'd rather pay the fee to move my stuff. It sucks, I hate Ebay, but it is what it is and there is no alternative, that I have run across, that is as effective and reaches as broad an audience.

A mass migration to Bonanza might give them the revenue to start the sales and ad campaign rolling, but I don't see that happening.

henry35 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
GavsDad said...
This comment has been removed by the author.