Monday, August 17, 2009

Twitter me served!


Cod-Bag, Please.

I am not even sure this guy can be considered a Cod-Bag. He's almost too sad and pathetic to qualify.
Our shop got several cases of slot car parts. motors, chassis, gears, wheels, tires, and miscellaneous little bits. Apparently the technology has progressed significantly since I was a kid, smashing them into Lego roadblocks. Anyway, we listed them on eBay because that's where you find this sort of "niche" customer. Within a day we get this well-crafted message. (do your best to read it. Its entertaining in itself.)
“will this little power house fit in just SCX or any other name brand car like ninco as i have a pile of motor now they just fit slot it and I'm not sure it the are better then want i got in the car i only race 2 solt its at home there no real slot car store with a big track with in 100 mi and the one i new of is over 200 mi. away and i dont think they in business any longer and its the 3rd largest town (city) in MO. so i buy things that dont fit even if hot slots says it will and then they say call they manufacturer i didn't buy it from them i bought it from you hot shot that my commentary for the day back to the trasins i have never had a problem with that atlas loco parts do not and will not fit buchman locos and both come with a warrentry card and parts list and all rolling can be made to inter change wheels and some bottoms track same way as long will it works to somtime you have to cut something of the track with road bed but slot car once you out fo HO forget it thats enoughh it”
After I uncrossed my eyes and shook the stupid off my frontal lobe, I responded:
“Thank you for your question.” (I assumed there was a question in there somewhere even though there was no punctuation to confirm that.) “We are a freight liquidator. We do not specialize in any of the items we sell. However, here is a link to a helpful website that may assist you: www.google.com.”
Jose CodBago had this retort:
“thats was my point nobody know crap about slot cars srry nothing personal”
Oh, Snap! Consider me served. Score one point to Incoherent Slot Car Geek. This is what happens when you learn the English language by following Paris Hilton’s tweets on twitter. Apparently that top line on the keyboard is reserved for clever emoticons. ( * )

4 comments:

Kamikaze Wolf said...

God I barely made it through that question alive..., what planet did he say he was from?

MsfStl said...

He was correct, though, no one knows. Especially, him.

Neba Nebet said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Neba Nebet said...

[I know this is a very old post to be commenting on, but I have reading through the blog from back to front and laughing my hind end off along the way!]

I...what? He started talking about model trains halfway through?

For my own sanity, I had to try to go through and "translate" the message. I've transcribed my best guess below in case it will help somebody else:

"Will this little powerhouse fit in just SCX or any other name-brand car like Ninco? [as] I have a pile of motors now; they just fit Slot.it [ed. note: a brand of slotcars] and I'm not sure if they are better than what I got in the car.

I only race 2 Slot.it's at home; there's no real slotcar store with a big track within 100 miles. The one I knew of is over 200 miles away, and I don't think they're in business any longer -- it's the 3rd largest town (city) in Missouri.

So I buy things that don't fit even if Hot Slots say it will, and they say, 'Call the manufacturer.' [I say,] 'I didn't buy it from them, I bought it from you, hotshot.' That's my commentary for the day.

[I'm going(?)] back to the trains, I have never had a problem with that. Atlas loco [locomotive] parts do not and will not fit Buchman locos, and both come with a warranty card and parts list. All rolling [stock] can be made to interchange wheels and some bottoms track, same way as long -- well, it works out; sometimes you have to cut something out of the track with roadbed, but with slotcars, once you're out of HO [size cars] forget it, that's enough [Slot.]it."