Thursday, August 20, 2009

It's no High Definition LCD TV but the price is right.

I actually had a guy suggest today that we should drum up business by giving away a free big screen LCD or Plasma TV in some sort of contest. Now, I used to work in an electronics store that rhymes with Future Shop a few years back and I can tell you good readers that it's been my experience that contests for free things nearly always end in tears.

I've seen just about every possible outcome from free giveaway contests and not one of them has been good. Arguments with customers, salespeople, managers, fistfights, threatened lawsuits and customers storming out to bad-mouth your business to the world. What does this all have to do with anything? Well, I just wanted to tell everyone that I've made some improvements to our free Craigslist Hit Counter. It's free for everyone and you don't have to enter a contest to get it. In fact, on our Free Craigslist Hit Counter page.

In short, it's no High Definition, Blu-Ray capable, 1080p LCD large screen TV but it is free and some of you industrious types could use it to make some extra dough and buy an LCD TV. Actually, if you're already buying one, check the new LED TVs. They are as thin as I am fat. Word is bond, Seacrest out

No comments: