Thursday, August 13, 2009

A brand new freakin' Treadmill ...

Alright Craigslisters, see if you can top this one...

I'm selling a brand new, just out of the crate, commercial treadmill. Retail value... $5000. Selling for... $2500. I get an e-mail from a lady who apparently could use a treadmill but due to some unforeseen financial setbacks over the last, say, 45 years, finds herself somewhere in the neighborhood of $2500 shy. Here's an excerpt from her response to my ad...

"I saw your treadmill on Craigslist and it would go perfectly in my home gym. If nobody takes it can I just have it? oh, and by the way, I don't have a vehicle so can you load it up and drive it over to my place in shantytown? "

I'm not sure how stretchy your apple bag has to be to hold stones big enough to ask these questions but you're definitely working with some square yardage. I don't know about you good readers out there but my mom would hit me in the head with a frozen salmon if she even heard I was begging for stuff on Craigslist or anywhere else.

3 comments:

Kamikaze Wolf said...

Are you serious? That's just wrong on so many levels.

uncle_kaka said...

Kamikaze,

That's not even the first and probably not the last. I have other stories I'll post in a while.

4CrazyVons said...

That's how they roll on Craigslist. This new up and coming generation is rightfully called the "my generation". I posted a Stairmaster (the big esculator looking one)for FREE on Craigslist this summer. I just wanted it gone. These things are thousands of dollars, but I didn't care, I just wanted to remove it from my home and get on with life. No hassle, no haggle, all sales final - come get it. Well, its still here. I initially had about 60 calls and everyone wanted to know if I delivered for free as well. No, this is worth hundreds of dollars, can't you figure it out? I honestly thought I would have this thing gone in 24 hours. Nope. People called wanting me to describe in detail the kind of shape it was in. Its FREE, its not brand spanking new. It needs some TLC. All responses were, "Ohhhhh, I wanted something brand new." Ok, call up a retail store and pay $5,000 and try asking your salesman if he will match my low, low price of FREE! For people inquiring about one of the most rigorous pieces of fitness equipment on the market, they sure are lazy. I think they were all big fat cod bags setting themselves up for failure right from the start. Are they thinking that they made an effort to try and put together a home gym and get in better shape, but since the FREE stuff was not brand new, then forget about it. They are telling themselves they will wait for a better deal. Do you think your cod-bag treadmill lady wants it? More in her budget and she can take it off my hands since no other cod-bags were willing to. I stopped my ad after 2 weeks because I just couldn't take it anymore. The snobby cod-bags calling asking if my house was smoke-free, pet-free and people-free? Yes, yes and no. And is your house nice they asked. Who asks that? No, I live in a shack next to the trailer park, but somehow I am able to give away a free Stairmaster. Oh wait, that is why it has to go. It is the only thing that will fit in my shack and my kids are having to sleep on each step of the Stairmaster every night. They are complaining of neck cramps so I decided to give it away and finally buy my children beds. Idiots.